"Add" quiz question only shows up when editing is OFF

"Add" quiz question only shows up when editing is OFF

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.8.2

First issue was that this teacher could not see the "add" link when editing a quiz at all. Then, she did some updates in her browser works.

Now, she noticed that when editing was ON she could not see the add quiz questions link. But when it was  OFF she could. That seems weird..or am I missing something? See attached screnshots to see what I mean.

Attachment Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-12.46.jpg
Attachment Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-12.47.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: "Add" quiz question only shows up when editing is OFF

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Which theme is that course using? I cannot reproduce this problem on qa.moodle.net.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melissa Benson -

This is the Clean theme. Some custom css (via admin interface) but not a ton.

Last night we upgraded to the latest Moodle version (we were on 2.8.2+ something). I had another email from a teacher inquiring about the same thing last night. So today I checked in case the upgrade fixed it..and it looks like it did! However, I'm going to have the teachers check as well. I didn't clear my cache between the last time I checked it and made screenshots, so I'm hoping it was the upgrade. I'll report back.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melissa Benson

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Melissa, this happened to me twice--could be for a different reason than you, but logging out and clearing my internet cache fixed this for me both times  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Melissa Benson -

One of our teachers said the same thing. Clearing cache seemed to have worked.