Increase list of users displayed on a single page

Increase list of users displayed on a single page

by Abhishek Mukherjee -
Number of replies: 9

1.) How can i increase browse list of users displayed on a single page from default 30 to say 100 (or more)?

2.) Also, can i seperately copy surname field (in browse list of users displayed) , so that i can copy and paste it as a seperate field in an excel column.

By default firstname & surname are shown together.If i copy  & paste it in an excel file, it is shown in a single column.I want them seperate for sorting purpose in excel.

Moodle version : 2.6.5 (Build: 20140908)

Attachment bulh_usr_list.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abhishek Mukherjee

Re: Increase list of users displayed on a single page

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Joydeep,

Been a while since I used/looked at Moodle 2.6, but have you tried Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies and then change Maximum users per page?

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Abhishek Mukherjee -
thanks for the tip.but i checked it out.it's default set to 100.but still it shows only 30 users in one single page under Browse List of Users

by Abhishek Mukherjee -

checked it in Site administration - Users - Permissions - User policies . It's set to default 100 users as  "Maximum users per page ".But still it shows only 30 users in Browse list of users.

I changed it to 150 users, but still it's same 30 users.

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There's no configuration setting that will allow you to permanently change the number of users shown on that page. You can add the perpage param to the url in the address bar, but unless you want to hack the core code - and that's not a thing I ever recommend - the url is the only method.

http://www.yoursite.com/admin/user.php?perpage=100

The place where it's set in code is in the /admin/user.php file:

$perpage      = optional_param('perpage', 30, PARAM_INT);        // how many per page

As you can see it's a hardcoded number if the param isn't set. Sorry it's probably not the answer you were hoping for.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mark Sharp

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

As for your other question, it's probably easier to do a db query. This plugin (https://moodle.org/plugins/view/report_customsql) allows you to do it through the interface.

by David Dunn -

I'm replying to this old message because I don't think it was satisfactorily answered previously.

As with the OP, my max users per page is the default"100", but only 20 are displayed.

Why is this?

FYI mdl 3.0.2, Essential theme 2016010221

In reply to David Dunn

by David Dunn -

To be more specific, I'm referring to the Participants page in a course. Only 20 users are displayed, with the option to show all users at the bottom of the page. Is it possible to change the maximum number of users displayed on this page (and please refer to my previous comment before suggesting to change the "max user page size" setting).