Moodle 2.8.1 gradebook error clicking single view "Cannot Find Data Record"

Moodle 2.8.1 gradebook error clicking single view "Cannot Find Data Record"

by Cheryl Rodriguez -
Number of replies: 5

After Upgrading to 2.8.1 several of my instructors are experiencing an error when clicking on the "single view" icon in the gradebook.

Once open the gradebook appears in the full view, if they browse to an item and then click the pencil at the top of the column to go to single view for the assignment an error occurs:

Can not find data record in database.

More information about this error

It does not matter whether it is a quiz, assignment or manual grading item, it will still throw the error and the user has to back out to the main screen. 

These are 2.5 course shells that were brought along with the 2.8.1 upgrade. They do not contain any old assignments that haven't been converted, they are also not in the same division and they are not set up the same way (topic/calendar) Any ideas on how to get around it save creating a new classroom?

Cheryl Rodriguez -

In reply to Cheryl Rodriguez

Re: Moodle 2.8.1 gradebook error clicking single view "Cannot Find Data Record"

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I am *sometimes* seeing the same error on my sandbox and I haven't yet investigated to see why. I am also wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I upgraded from 2.6.10 to 2.8.5. I also had all my quiz questions and Assignments updated well before the upgrade.

by David Conrad -

Cheryl, 

We are also seeing this in some grade books. We are running 2.8.4. I hope we can find a solution soon!

by Carly Born -

I have seen this and both times tracked it to an activity that was corrupted in some way.  I haven't figured out why the activity got corrupted, but it appears that the activity was deleted from the course page but the grade item remained in the gradebook.  In both cases, I was able to go to Categories & Items and delete the offending grade item associated with the missing activity.

In reply to Carly Born

by Cheryl Rodriguez -

Okay--

This is starting to make sense.  I didn't realize that the Assignment 2.2 and the Turnitin1 assignments were no longer supported in my current version, some of the instructors just hid those assignments in their gradebooks.

I'll have to track back and see if that is the case in the ones that are still giving me issues since we updated to 2.8.6.

Thanks for the clue...

Cheryl

In reply to Carly Born

by David Conrad -

That is helpful Carly. I did find there are some graded items that don't link to an activity, although they have icons like they would. I think they're part of an LTI external tool.