Course meta link

Course meta link

by Richard Góg -
Number of replies: 3

Dear colleagues!

I have a big problem, and I would like to ask you about it. I'm an administrator of Moodle, working for a big university in Hungary. Here, I need to do the course meta links for all of the teachers. My problem is: at the Course meta link function page there is a selectbox where we can choose from the courses. If you are a teacher, you have 10-20 courses in that, but I(with administration authority) have over 5000 courses in the selectbox. To make ONE teacher's courses is almost a day for me. If it's not enough, because of the authentication from an other e-learning system, all of the courses name stored like this: 2014/15/2 - Mathematics - XXXXX11XXX/L_01 (lecture or P_01 for practice).

I use Firefox 3.6 with the SelectboxTools plugin.

Now my university uses Moodle 2.5.9 but we need to update it to 2.7 or 2.8 in weeks from now. This mean that I won't be able to use this version of firefox any more.(Moodle over 2.6 doesn't support firefox under 25.0)

So how could I do the Course meta links in the future?

Please help me, I will be very thankful to you for any suggestion.

With many thanks,

Góg Richárd

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Góg

Re: Course meta link

by Aleks Macheta -

Hi Richard,

Have you tried using the MetaCourse Link Block to run a csv file to create the parent/child links.

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Metacourse_Link_Block

with kind regards,
Aleks

Aleks Macheta
eLearning [Moodle] Administrator
University of Roehampton

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aleks Macheta

by Richard Góg -

Thanks a lot.

It's almost working. But something wrong.

I think the problem is in the syntax. Can you suggest an CSV editor for me?
Can you tell me what database items belongs to parent and child colums in the CSV?

Góg Richárd

In reply to Richard Góg

by Aleks Macheta -

Hi Richard,

i use Microsoft excel to create the file and choose File 'Save as type'   CSV

The format for each row is: action, parent course idnumber, child course idnumber.
For example, a file with this contents:

add, 1234, 4321
add, 1234, 4322
del, 2232, 3223

best wishes,

Aleks