Captivate 7/8 SCORM SWF crashes IE 11

by Dave Feasey -
Number of replies: 5

Having problems troubleshooting IE11 crashes with following:

Moodle 2.7.1, Session timeout now set to 4 hours

Captivate 7/8 long quiz (60 questions), published as SWF, high quality

SCORM 1.2, No interaction data, no suspend data, force new attempt

CP 7 settings for quiz reporting, crashes IE 11

IE crashes, sometimes in middle, but usually not until the user clicks Exit Activity. 

Any help appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Feasey

Re: Captivate 7/8 SCORM SWF crashes IE 11

by anthony leduc -

Why don't you choose the moodle Template ? Works fine with this settings. (Ie 11)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dave Feasey

by Dave Feasey -

Here's the actual settings screen from CP8.

Also it looks like this may be something other than a crash. The scores and completion are getting sent correctly. If I run the exam in a New Window and close, it goes back to the correct course page.

In reply to Dave Feasey

by anthony leduc -

I will try tomorrow with your settings but now it's time to go to the bed wink for me

In reply to anthony leduc

by anthony leduc -

hi,

i try with your settings and it works for me.

But why do you tick Incomplete ---> complete. ? You'll tick Incomplete --> passed/failed for a quizz

In reply to anthony leduc

by Dave Feasey -

Thanks Anthony.

I think I've found that the browser is NOT in fact crashing, but that the Exit Activity link is somehow confused and closing the top.window. Scores are being reported back to Moodle.

As to Incomplete -> Complete, vs ->pass, I never liked this silliness about SCORM 1.2. It should be Incomplete / Complete and/or Fail / Pass (or additional states), as I believe it is in SCORM 2004.

So we track pass / fail in Moodle instead of in Captivate, which gives us more flexibility around pass / fail scenarios without having to republish the quiz.