How to manage course badegs with a two year course cycle

Re: How to manage course badegs with a two year course cycle

by Sean Marx -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Testers

Hi Dirk

I come across something similar recently with a client of mine. They wanted to show users their grades for a particular course, even if they were un-enrolled from the course. 

I think a bit like what you are having now with the badges. It turns out that Moodle stores the grades as historical data in the mdl_grade_grades_history table. I wonder if a person could not in this case create a mdl_badge_issued_history table and using an SP move all the data into it.

When a new entry is added to mdl_badge_issued, the SP creates a copy in mdl_badge_issued_history. The create/tweak the existing badges block to look in the new table for the badges.

If this interim fix could work for you, then I would be happy to help work on it.

In reply to Sean Marx

Re: How to manage course badegs with a two year course cycle

by Dirk Meyer -

Thank you Sean.

Yes, I have had those requests also from some of our schools. Our main grades reporting takes place in a SIS but it sure would be nice if a student's entire Moodle grade history was available irrespective of current enrollments.  

I will get back yo you on your proposed badge tweak. For now I changed the language string from the default as seen in my screen shot this:

"This student has likely met this badge's criteria successfully but he or she is not enrolled in this course any more. Badge reporting is limited at this time."