Sakai meets Moodle

Sakai meets Moodle

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
Number of replies: 4
I am forwarding a post by Charles Severance to a Sakai mailing list, since it should of interest here too:

Martin Dougiamas the inventor of Moodle was on a Moodle-world-tour and
stopped in Washington, DC a few weeks back.  Jim Farmer arranged a  meeting
with Martin and Chuck to talk about improving the connection between  Sakai
and Moodle from an interoperability perspective.

The meeting went quite well - here is a video report:

http://www.dr-chuck.com/media.php?id=50

The video is 4 minutes long and includes both a low-quality Windows  Media format and high quality
QuickTime Mpeg-4 version.

/Chuck
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

Re: Sakai meets Moodle

by Drew Buddie -
I loved the interview.  Dr Chuck - if I may call him that - looked as pleased and honoured to have met Martin as I was last month.  He is such a gentleman and the interview proves that.  It's a great advert for Moodle.  Furthermore I thought it was touching to hear Martin give such praise to Eloy (who he spoke highly of when we let in Oxford) - this gives further credence to the mutual collaboration and benvolnece that is so prevalent in the Moodle community.  I'm also interested in how that video is hosted & braodcast as I have some films from school that I would like to make available to a wider audience in the way that Dr Chuck (what a great name) has.
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

Re: Sakai meets Moodle

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, I've been meaning to write something about my whole trip including this meeting ... must do it today before it becomes too irrelevant!

As for the video, agh, cringe.  smile