Translate Moodle Docs Into new language -- Chinese

Re: Translate Moodle Docs Into new language -- Chinese

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Thanks for offering to help translate Moodle Docs into Chinese. Can you log in to https://docs.moodle.org/all/zh/ (using your moodle.org username and password) and add your translations?

In reply to Helen Foster

回复: Re: Translate Moodle Docs Into new language -- Chinese

by Hongliang Ma -

Hi, Helen.

Here is our Chinese translation of Moodle Docs on our site. Please click here to view it. The translation is done by a postgraduates team lead by me.  Our team have been translating the Moodle Docs on our mediawiki sites since three years ago. We will continue to translate and share it with the Chinese world.

By the way, the reason why we translated on our local website, just because it is much faster to view it in China.

Attachment Moodle_chinese_docs.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hongliang Ma

Re: 回复: Re: Translate Moodle Docs Into new language -- Chinese

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Hongliang Ma,

Thanks for your post. It's great to hear about your work providing Moodle documentation in Chinese. smile Is it possible for you to work together and collaborate with Moten Zhang? I suggest that you also post in the Chinese Moodle community course.

In reply to Helen Foster

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Translate Moodle Docs Into new language -- Chinese

by Hongliang Ma -
Thanks for your repley, Helen.

I would like to work with Moten Zhang and contribute our Chinese translation of Docs to the Moodle community.  Also it's my great pleasure to post or reply useful information for Chinese users in the Chinese Moodle community course.

My postgraute students and I will continue to translate the Docs into Chinese from this September since I have a class for them about open source LMS, focusing on Moodle.
In reply to Helen Foster

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Translate Moodle Docs Into new language -- Chinese

by Hongliang Ma -

About the collaboration with Moten Zhang, I saw Moten had done a lot of work on the Docs translation, and part of the work overlapped with mine.  So I would like to check the existing translation when I am going to translate new pages.

However, considering the slow connection from China mainland, publishing the translation on local server may be the better choice to share the translation with Chinese users, at least at present time. This is the just work I have been doing since three years ago.