New Calendar Integration

New Calendar Integration

by Joshua Bragg -
Number of replies: 2

Hey all,

I'm a bit confused on the usefulness of the new calendar integration.  I seem to be getting the notifications for my course just as activities and events happen.  Since there is no reminder ahead of the due date, it mostly serves a function to my students right now of "hey you just missed a quiz".  

Also, if there are multiple items on a date that happen at the same time, you only see one notification that doesn't include all of the items.

Is this intentional or an oversight?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Bragg

Re: New Calendar Integration

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Joshua,

thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it.

We are going to create a new wiki document page explaining how notifications works (both internal/calendar ones and push notifications)

There are also some improvements planned for the notifications feature, including one for specifying thins like "remind me 30mins after", as a general option and specific options for each notification.

I didn't notice any problems with events happens at the same time, I'll take a look to that

Cheers, Juan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)