URLs in a Folder

URLs in a Folder

by Jeff Chartrand -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,  I have a varity of url that I wish to direct students to.  Is there anyway to set up a folder or something like a folder so you can put a variety of url's in the same place?   Some of the URL's are pdf's some are Youtube Video's and some are corperate web pages.  I do not want to have sections for each item. 

Cheers

Jeff Chartrand
Royal School of Military Survey, UK

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Chartrand

Re: URLs in a Folder

by Itamar Tzadok -

Plenty of ways. You can use activities such as the Glossary moduleDatabase module or the contributed Dataform module. With the Glossary and Database you can populate the content to the course page by way of their auto link filter. You would have to add the item names on the course page, e.g. in a label, and the auto link filter will link each one to the actual content that in your case would be the item url. With the Dataform you can actually display the content (and or any subset of it) on the course page either via a block, a label-like resource or the Dataform instance itself (you set it to replace the activity link with the actual content. hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Floyd Saner -

Jeff,

You can add any number of links to a single section - add a new resource and select 'File' or 'URL' as appropriate.

Another way is to add a resource 'Page'.  In the Content area, type the text you want for each resource, select the text and add link information - very much like I've created links here in my response to your question.

A third way is to create a Book resource.

Floyd

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As suggested by Itamar, Moodle has many tools to achieve this.

Glossary is the most-easy-to-use. It can be listed by Title, Category, Date and Authors. It's RSS feeds can be displayed in to other pages.

Database and Dataform need more time to build but you can get what you really need.  

If you are going to use Database module, you can save some of your time by starting from modifying the attached preset. Let me know if you need some help.

by Just H -

Hi Jeff

Others have given you a few pointers to look into already but just wanted to say your sig just took me for a stroll down memory lane; just over 23 years since I was discharged while stationed at Hermitage smile ...  now I feel old sad

Have a great day

H