Wingdings font?

Wingdings font?

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers
Okay, I must be missing something, but what exactly is the wingdings font supposed to do?  It doesn't do anything for me--it just appears as Times.  Am I supposed to do something to get it to work? 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Wingdings font?

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
I don't know why it doesn't work, but it is a bad idea to make it available here in a webapplication. Since windings is a non-unicode font, the characters will not be shown on a computer wich hasn't installed the windingsfont (eg a linuxmachine). Those computers wil show something different. It uses the ascii table, but shows different characters on the screeen.

eg the spectacles are ascii code 36, wich should show a dollar sign.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Okay, this is weird Koen. Obviously I made this post after starting to look into symbols, etc. Here is how your reply to my other post came out in Outlook--you obviously wrote it in wingdings--although online it appears as Times.  I guess this proves your point--only in reverse! If it doesn't work in the html editor, it might just show up on someone's computer.
Attachment fonts.gif
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
LOL big grin

Very weird indeed. In my Thunderbird it was a Times New Roman kind of font. I'm using Win2K, so wingdings is installed.

I just hope you don't suspect me from sending you viral things wink. This is probably what they call a coded message.