Conditonal Release: viewing last page in a sequence?

Conditonal Release: viewing last page in a sequence?

per Alan Zaitchik -
Nombre de respostes: 1

I haven't found a topic with exactly this problem, so I am adding it.

I want to create a number of sequences of pages such that each sequence is in a separate unit (topic) of a course. The pages may be read only pages or even some forms that take input from the user and pass that input on to other subsequent pages for display. In short the page sequences are just a web application that handles its own navigation and state.

But: for any Unit i and Unit j, the sequence for Unit j must be conditional on the user's visiting the LAST page in the sequence for Unit i. Since the link to the first page of Unit i seems to be the only link exposed in the course Units in Moodle, it seems that the only way to get the desired conditional release is through creating some sort of "score" that is required to be earned, and which is granted (automatically) when the user visits the last page of a sequence. If I were to create a dummy quiz ("Are you ready to proceed to the next Unit?") it could probably be done, but this is very hokey and not at all what the client has in mind from a look and feel perspective. There is no relevant time-driven release, either.

The only way I have been able to conceive of getting what is needed is by taking each sequence and creating a SCORM module out of it. Completion of each SCORM module could automatically store a score, right? Implementing each sequence as an LTI tool that returns an outcome would also work, but that means adding LTI Tool code to the sequences, which is out of scope for this project.

I'm hoping there is some built-in Moodle functionality that in my ignorance I have simply missed. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

A

Mitjana de qualificacions: -