Off topic, but one users opinion of Blackboard

Off topic, but one users opinion of Blackboard

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I had to share this, it borders on the poetic: http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2014/01/christ-i-hate-blackboard

Average of ratings: Cool (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Off topic, but one users opinion of Blackboard

by Derek Chirnside -

How can you be off topic in the lounge?

Well and truly poetic.  And surreal.

Who is Dave Noon?

-Derek

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
In reply to Derek Chirnside

by dawn alderson -

Genius,

yep....mmmmmm....Who is Dave Noon?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Yep, certainly not off-topic in the lounge. Thanks for sharing.

In my conversations with teachers, faculty, and TAs that have used various brands LMS', Blackboard seems to generate some degree of dislike and even animosity. However, I haven't yet seen stronger, more visceral reactions when talking to those whose departments/institutions use Desire2Learn. From the start, you can see their posture, hands, their whole body language change... 

SPAMbots seem to understand it too. The second comment down is an ad for valium.

In reply to Matt Bury

by dawn alderson -

I see.

2014 eh.  Well, for some things have not improved over time, and there is an increase in users wishing to change from Bb to Moodle...specifically....word-of-mouth...and doc searches and so on......SO, we are in the middle of putting a doc together for that....we can't let users down...if they wish for an easy migration but it is not laid out for them eh.

Once that Doc is ready, has taken time because of linkages with HE practice in the first instance, I will put a link on Twitter....with my new account-that I will make!

I feel in safe hands here with you lot...so here is my final three hashtag list...I will go with one of those....which do you think?  Or do you have a better one in mind?

1. @moodle_academic dev  reason being.....all the layers of my experience and degrees fall under this

2. @moodle_agent 007   I just like it because in my research I investigate!

3. @moodle_lady   or lady_moodle  because it has been known that I can act like one!

or...................back to the chalk-board smile

Dawn         

In reply to dawn alderson

by dawn alderson -

hi,

very quickly,  re: this Doc.

Coming on nicely....going to send as is-draft (so very much still a work in progress) to the other two authors end of day.

Tim H, be great to have your input/involvement as author too, so will include you in that mail send-can you shout-drop me a line if otherwise.

ta

Dawn

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Greg Rudl -

I don't think hate can be expressed any better than that. I learned a new word -- "wraith." After 4 semesters at George Mason using Bb (and a project using Coursesite), I don't share his sentiment. I'm starting to feel the same way about Adobe Captivate.

In reply to Greg Rudl

by David Dunn -

Ah yes ... Captivate ... it's a sad example of why Adobe has lost its lead in designing cutting-edge products.