Customising the course creation tool

Customising the course creation tool

eftir Joshua Bailey -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

Is it possible to change what fields are shown for input when creating a course? The client that will be using moodle to create courses wants to be able to give in the following when creating a course:

- Topic (is there)

- Trainer (not there - have to enrol somebody afterwards)

- Date and time (date is there, time not)

- Location/room (not there)

- Content/themes of the course (not there)

- Number of spaces available (not there)

Is the description field the only place to be able to put some of these details? 

The client also wants it so that the people who want to sign up to the course should be able to see straight away a list of the Training Topics, with details of the topics, the date, and the trainer and possibly the number of places that are still free, as well as a button to sign up.

Also, through clicking on the topic, you should be able to see more information about the training and again, a button to sign up is there.

When  a person signs up, they should do this using their name, email address and company/department, and if possible topic wishes for the training.

The client wants to see who has signed up (with their nme, email address, and company/department, and also the suggestions (topic wishes).

I would appreciate any help. I know it's probably a big wish to be able to do all of the above, and in some cases not possible. But work-arounds are also very welcome. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Bailey

Re: Customising the course creation tool

eftir Richard Oelmann -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Plugin developers Mynd av Testers

Sounds like you may want to set up a catalogue of your courses using the database (or dataform) module rather than necessarily capturing all that in the course creation stage.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

eftir Joshua Bailey -

Sorry for the delayed reply. How would I go about doing that?

In reply to Joshua Bailey

eftir William Lu -
Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers

You can customize the profile fields.

You can use the plugin 'Booking' to achieve parts of your goal.

Database module can do some too.

But, I can see that you need a good BIG plan to satisfy your client.