TC Assessment: Grade Limit and Weighting

TC Assessment: Grade Limit and Weighting

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Gordon,

I have been using 100 and 100 for Limit and Weighting as you recommended a good while ago in another discussion thread a good while ago.  Once you had mentioned that you would be working on issues I had brought up. Just for the heck of it, I have a four-HotPot TaskChain in progress where I set the limit and weighting to 20 and 100 respectively.

grade weighting

Also I have the HotPots set up as going to the next if 90% or greater is achieved. The results I get are a bit weird. Or, I just do not understand Grade vs. Attempt Grade:

grade list

The  20% gets recorded in the grade book.  I do not understand the 4%  for Grade.  Also, since the students get between 90 and 100 on the HotPots I would expect a grade between 19 and 20.

Interestingly if I change the assessment setup to 100 and 100,  the 4%s are converted to 20%.   There are "in progress" listed that show 4 and 20 when I would have thought that they should be less since they are not completed. 

Could you set me straight one these, again?

Also, is there a way to force a regrade such that it would show the results as though I had set it up originally as 100 and 100?

Thanks,

Jeff

Average of ratings: -