Front / Home page courses as tiles instead of rows?

Front / Home page courses as tiles instead of rows?

από Sean Olsen -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 3

I would like to be able to present my home page courses in tile or grid format, but have not been able to find a setting or reference to this.  Please see the attached image, which shows what I would like to achieve (top, custom HTML) and what I am seeing now as the course list.  My course list includes a set of intro/free courses which are available to guest users, as well as more advanced courses which require registration, and possibly permissions, but it is important that the visitor see what is available on the first page they see of the site.

I am using Shoehorn theme, Moodle 2.8.2 with single activity courses. 

Thanks.

Συνημμένο moodle_snap1.png
Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Sean Olsen

Re: Front / Home page courses as tiles instead of rows?

από Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Sean,

If you want to see 'Courses' as tiles, you need to change 'Display my courses' (under 'Display my courses menu') to yes in 'Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Shoehorn > General.' I am not sure whether this will change the display of 'Available courses.' You may get additional ideas from the BCU theme as it also uses tiles.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Σε απάντηση σε Hartmut Scherer

από Sean Olsen -

Great, thanks.  It looks like the kind of tiles I want would have to be done in HTML on the home page, but that wouldn't be too hard.  

Σε απάντηση σε Sean Olsen

από Colin Fraser -
Φωτογραφία Documentation writers Φωτογραφία Testers

Hi Sean, if you go to the FrontPage Settings Doc, the Tips & Tricks section will give you detailed tips on how you can achieve the look you want I would think. The whole section covers a number of options, there should be one there that suits you.