MoodleRooms Advanced Forum Loss of Functionality in 2.7

MoodleRooms Advanced Forum Loss of Functionality in 2.7

by Kim Salinas -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Testers

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

We have MoodleRooms as our host, and they recently upgraded us to 2.7.3 There seems to be some serious missing functionality of the Advanced Forums in the sense that I can no longer navigate to the previous or next post which is one of the main reasons I switched to the Advance Forum.

Does anyone know a way to get this to work?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim Salinas

Re: MoodleRooms Advanced Forum Loss of Functionality in 2.7

by Juan F -

Kim, MoodleRooms, aka Blackboard, will be losing many customers due to this upgrade.  It really does suck and has caused more issues than any other I've seen.  Sadly, we host through them too, which means we're at their mercy.  I have NOT found a solution to your situation because of the new Accessible Format.  I'm all for ADA compliance but when it takes away from the point of a forum, it loses me.

Your best bet would be to put in a tech request ticket through MoodleRooms and wait a few months until they will fix it...probably won't happen though.  Sorry!

In reply to Juan F

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Thank you Chris. Looks like I will need to switch them back to a regular forum and wait for the 2.8 upgrade sad

In reply to Kim Salinas

by Jon Krasnichan -

Kim,

We are in the same situation as you. I put in a support inquiry to Moodlerooms and it looks like they added a "Previous" and "Next" option in the Joule Grader.

Our update to Joule 2.7.x occurred over the Christmas break. We had several noticeable changes that were unwelcome and mentioned those to Moodlerooms (technically Behind the Blackboard, the support portal). We received a maintenance patch around the end of January or beginning of February. It looks like this feature (along with an enhanced date/time stamp) was part of the maintenance patch.