Remove Site Policy Agreement page

Remove Site Policy Agreement page

by David North -
Number of replies: 18

I have created 2 'courses' which are just pages displaying About and Contact information. That was my solution to creating an About and a Contact page.

It works fine although I want to allow any user to get access to it. I enable guest access to the course and auto logged in guest users and have set the guest button on login to show. Now when trying to access the page as a visitor, it redirects to a Site Policy Agreement page where you have to accept before continuing.

How do I remove this process of having to agree to a Site Policy Agreement? I just want the user to have direct access to the 'course'.

Thanks.

I am using moodle 2.8.1.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David North

Re: Remove Site Policy Agreement page

by Marek Kancelarek -

I'm using the same solution for the pages I want everyone to be able to access and on Moodle guests are able to access the pages without having to agree to the Site Policy. I may have changed something somewhere but I don't remember having such problems.

In reply to David North

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

Rather than creating courses, how about creating page resources for the front page (as we have done on moodle.org and on learn.moodle.net)? To do so you need to temporarily unhide the main menu block to access the add an activity or resource link. Once you have created the pages, you can hide the main menu block.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Don't you actually have to delete the main menu block instead of hiding it so that people can still access the pages (makes them orphaned activities/resources instead of hidden ones)?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Emma I have just checked and hiding the main menu is enough; no need to delete it.

Jon

In reply to Helen Foster

by Augusto Santos -

This works but is there a way to remove the Site policy agreement page that shows up when trying to access a course with guest access? Full remove.

In reply to Augusto Santos

by Alex Briones -

Moodle 3.1, cents 6.8

Did you manage to resolve this issue?. I have the exact same problem with courses. 

In reply to Alex Briones

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Go to Site Administration > Security > Site Policies and remove entry for 'Site Policy URL for guests'.

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Alex Briones -

Moodle 3.1, CentOS 6.8.

Hi Jon,

Emma suggested to 

"Rather than creating courses, how about creating page resources for the front page (as we have done on moodle.org and on learn.moodle.net)? To do so you need to temporarily unhide the main menu block to access the add an activity or resource link. Once you have created the pages, you can hide the main menu block."

But I have created several courses and now users are able to access these course as "guests."

Can I still do what Emma is suggesting?

Is there a way to circumvent the pop up of the policy page upon guests entering a course?

I did a hack, but I  am not happy with it. I want to avoid this page altogether.

Thanks

In reply to Alex Briones

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Guests should be not being redirected to the policy page unless you have the URL in the site admin/security/sites policies page under URL for guest logins...remove it from there and they should not see it anymore.

by Alex Briones -

Hummm, this is a little distressing since I have the url empty. Now I am beginning to wonder if my installation or permissions are OK.

The only think I can think of is that I have the guests as "auto enrolled," and from that point on, I saw the policy page popping up.

In reply to Alex Briones

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

What does it say in the policy page that you are seeing? Do you have a site policy URL at all?? (there's one for logged in users and another one for guests).

Or is it the message about guests not being able to log in without an account?

by Alex Briones -

Moodle 3.1, CentOS 6.8. . Tested on Moodle QA site.

Hi Emma,

In order to dispell any missanunderstanding about my policy error page, I went to the Moodle QA site and tried to duplicate my issue. And sure enough, I got the same page link problem I get. I am attaching two screen shots. I am not sure whether this is a setup issue or a bug, but maybe you can clarify this issue. 

Steps: From the Moodle QA site

1) Login as guest from the page in the screen shot

2) When accessing the course, you will get the second screen shot. 

Thanks

In reply to Alex Briones

by Emma Richardson -

So there is an option to auto login guests on the user policies admin settings page.  Check that so that guests do not need to check in.

It appears that someone tried to put a url in for your site policy at one point or perhaps there is a space there that is creating the url not found page.  Make sure that field is completely cleared out.

by Alex Briones -
Emma,

Congratulations! You were correct. There were some extra spaces in the url field and they were being treated as if the flag was set.

Thanks a lot for your help.

In reply to Alex Briones

by Emma Richardson -

Lucky guess - I happened to be dealing with spaces in usernames this morning so it made sense that it might be happening there too.