We are going to be moving lang packs out of the main tree

We are going to be moving lang packs out of the main tree

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Please see this discussion:  Moving lang packs out of the main tree
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: We are going to be moving lang packs out of the main tree

by Roel Cantada -
I am a bit confused about the discussion, particularly about maintaining lang packs in STABLE and HEAD.

Can somebody please provide instructions similar to what we have in the translation document.  I mean what cvs command do we issue to get the en pack to translate?  As well as the cvs command for checking out the lang pack like tl, in its new location.

Currently I just checkout and update one copy each of the en, tl and tl_utf8, what other things do I have to do now?
In reply to Roel Cantada

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry about the confusion, Roel, but don't worry.

The discussion is just about what WILL be happening, so everyone has some warning. It hasn't changed yet.

Even when it does, you will use CVS in almost the same way as you do now. The difference is that the Moodle files will be in one directory, and the lang files will be in another directory. You won't have to worry about STABLE or HEAD in the new scheme as we won't use them for languages.

I will definitely update the translation document together with Koen to make everything very clear.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Roel Cantada -
Thank you for the clarification Martin.