Course merge?

Course merge?

by Mala Barka -
Number of replies: 5
Is there any way to merge or combine two or more courses in one?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mala Barka

Re: Course merge?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Perhaps, backup and restore into existing course could help a bit to combine activities from different courses...

Tell us your experience, please...

TIA and ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Ger Tielemans -
As I already wrote in the backup-discussion: your tests are loosing there categroie-links, so you only can use them, not change.. (good would some say, but sometimes adaption would be better, as long as Moodle has not test-QA-system for the test-questions, I see no reason to prohibit it.)
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi, Ger,

I think that your issue isn't caused by backup/restore at all. It belongs to the "delete original course" task.

So I think that Ivan could do his "merging tests" using backup/restore without problems !!

Ciao, Eloy smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Mala Barka -

Yes, in my test, I was able to restore backup to existing course , so I can call this  action: merging my courses. It looks everything is working fine.

If you want to save yourself some time in editing new restored or  merged course, make sure your topics does not have the same numbers: move activities in your  (source) course before merge (restore) into new topic (up or down) so they will not colide with existing topic in (destination) course.

In reply to Mala Barka

by Tony Ruggiero -

For our purposes, it would be really nice to be able to delete all the posts in a forum, except for the first discussion. This would allow us to archieve the class without the student posts.

When I save without user information in the forums - I lose the main discussion and end up having to reconstruct the discussion boards (forums).

Just a part of my wish list.

Tony