Face 2 Face, Manager to sign up his staff

Face 2 Face, Manager to sign up his staff

by James Todd -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Guys

Is it possible in face to face to allow a team manager to signup their team onto a course.

I still need to course tutor to allow booking though.

Also just to complicate it further; only to be able to signup account where his name is in the manager email field.

Good luck

Jimi 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Todd

Re: Face 2 Face, Manager to sign up his staff

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I think the simple answer is no. 

You could give managers an activity role (assign roles in the activity, not the class, but they would still need a course or category role...which complicates things a lot) of teacher or non-editing teacher or even a custom role you built which allows advanced permissions but it would not limit who they can sign up.  By definition, the activity allows you to sign up/book anyone with an account (even suspended accounts), even if they are not enrolled. 

There is the student signs up-manager approves it bit but I honestly don't know how it works...I've never tried it.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Scott Karren -

Because the F2F is considered an activity within a course your managers would have to be able to access the course without having to enroll in it. Of course you can set this for a role but it would cause problems if your managers need to take any of your courses.

This also applies to the manager approval option.  The manager either needs to enroll in the course or needs to be allowed to access it without participating in it.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by John Turner -

To Scott's point of enrolling managers - 

We're in the process of implementing F2F and running into the issue of managers not able to approve student enrollment unless the managers themselves are enrolled in the course.  I'm not fond of the idea since managers could potentially end up with transcripts filled with unnecessary courses for themselves just so they can approve attendees.  Has anyone discovered any other workaround for this issue?

In reply to John Turner

by James Todd -

We are using a mixture of cohorts, groups, mentees and roles to achieve what we want.

We still have a group of people who have access to add attendees who don't have access to computers, at the moment it's manageable.