Award badges at Topic level

Award badges at Topic level

by Casper Pieters -
Number of replies: 2

I have created 10 topics in one of my courses and would like to award progress badges as the participant completes a topic in the sequence.

Is there a way to do this, as I have only found 3 criteria to assign badges, but none were useful to me.

Thanks for your help.

PS Currently working in version 2.7

Attachment Screenshot 2015-01-20 13.01.50.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Casper Pieters

Re: Award badges at Topic level

by Yuliya Bozhko -

Hi Casper,

There are no sequence rules in badges yet. The only supported conditions are AND/OR rules. To be honest, I am not too sure how much work it would involve to add sequence rules. Feel free to open an enhancement request on Moodle Tracker for this feature.

Yuliya

In reply to Casper Pieters

Re: Award badges at Topic level

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Caspar - your screenshot shows the Site admin view of badges - if you want badges for topics then you would need to be inside a course. You could set a badge to be awarded  once all the items in that particular topic were completed, and then a second badge once all the topics in a subsequent course were completed, and if you set your topics to appear conditional upon completion of the previous topic then the badges also should be awarded in sequence.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)