Two class sections: How to use choice module? Please help!

Two class sections: How to use choice module? Please help!

by J Kang -
Number of replies: 2

Dear all,

I am trying to use the Choice module to allow students to select one option. I want the option to be closed when a student chooses it. Problem is, I have two sections for this one class (thus, one moodle).

How can I allow a full list of options for both sections while still limiting the students to choose only one option? 

Please help! Thank you so much. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J Kang

Re: Two class sections: How to use choice module? Please help!

by Eric Hagley -

Have you put the students in each section into groups? You could then set the group function to "separate" and probably fix your problem that way. However I'm not really sure as I don't fully understand what you want to do.

In reply to J Kang

Re: Two class sections: How to use choice module? Please help!

by Paula Clough -

I am assuming that you have one option available to each student and that you have limited each option to only one student to make it close as soon as it is chosen.  Make two groups: Section A and Section B.  Now make a grouping for called Separate Section Groups and put both your groups into that grouping. This will protect you later in the course when you want to add more groups. Make sure that in the Common Module Settings in the choice edit page, you chose "separate groups", and the Grouping "Separate Section Groups".  When students in the different sections, they will see the choices that only their section members have selected and not the other section's members choices.  You as an instructor can filter them by group as the attached picture shows the drop down window in the upper left corner under separate groups.

If any of the assumptions are incorrect, then let us know.

cool

Attachment choice_multiple_groups.png