OneNote, Office365 and MS Mix Plugins now available

Re: OneNote, Office365 and MS Mix Plugins now available

by James McQuillan -
Number of replies: 4

In the Azure application the correct value for "Sign On URL" is {moodlesite}/auth/oidc, so you had that right the first time.

You also don't need to create an account in Moodle manually - in fact it's better if you don't. When logging in using OpenID Connect, Moodle will create a user if a user doesn't exist for the Office 365 user, and set up the correct data to understand the connection. It's based off more than just the username so creating a Moodle account manually with the same username will not immediately link it to Office 365.

Try setting the sign-on URL back to /auth/oidc and set the System API user again - let me know how that goes.

In reply to James McQuillan

by Angus Denton -

Hi James

Just so that you are ware we are running tests and scenarios here so I am not working on a 'Live production Moodle' The users are test users who exist in this test Moodle and who also have accounts in Azure AD with o365 educatinional licences.

From my previoius post and reply 

I have set the logon address back to the /auth/oicd/ value and I can authenticate into Moodle using AzureAD credentials through Moodle.. All Good
 but I still do not know how I ended up in a redirection Loop before..

There is now another couple of issues

1 I get en error message for the Unified API and the Office365 API (See screen shot) 

If I run the health check it tells me that the connection is OK

Health OK

In the current state, I am not getting any consistent calendar syncronisation with Moodle at this point

I have had some calendar synchronization but it appears to have stopped functioning and I cannot see why  !

In reply to Angus Denton

by James McQuillan -

Hi Angus,

Can you try each of the following and let me know how they go?

- If you have the Unified API added to your Azure application, remove it and try the Azure setup again. The unified API is in preview and changing so I'm recommending against using it at the moment (I know the plugins say to add it right now, that will be updated next release)

- Enable the "record debug messages" setting, save the settings, and then run the Azure setup tool. Then go to Site Administration > Reports > Logs, change the "All activities" dropdown to "site errors" and click "Get these logs". If you see anything recent from "Microsoft Office 365 Integration API Failure" can you send it to me in a private message? That should show exactly what's going on.

Thanks!

In reply to James McQuillan

by John House -

Would like to hear the outcome from this.  I am have a similar issue with this as well.  When I run the logs I get a insufficient privileges to complete the operation error.

In reply to John House

by James McQuillan -

Hi John - are you using the latest version of the plugins? I've updated the setup tool recently which may solve your problem.