"View courses without participation" Permission needed to get a course list?

"View courses without participation" Permission needed to get a course list?

by john deacon -
Number of replies: 3
Why do I need the permission "View courses without participation" (aka moodle/course:view) to get a list of courses users could possibly enrol themselfs in? This seems pretty basic, so i wonder if I'm missing something? Is there another function that show me a courselist but don't need that permission?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to john deacon

Re: "View courses without participation" Permission needed to get a course list?

by john deacon -
Push. Someone could at least confirm for me that there is just core_course_get_courses to get a list of available courses.
In reply to john deacon

Re: "View courses without participation" Permission needed to get a course list?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Users can view the list of courses they can enrol in usually even as guests by going to YOURMOODLE.com/course/index.php View courses without participation  is for being able to actually get inside the course without being enrolled in it.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by john deacon -
Mh, didn't thought of that option, but for that I would have to parse HTML. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't use the REST Webservice. :P