Changing font colour in Shoelace theme

Changing font colour in Shoelace theme

by Kate Rhodes -
Number of replies: 4

Hi there!

Just installing a new moodle site and I really like the shoelace theme, but I'd like to know how to change the colour of the text from purple to black.

The site is for a client who's colours are yellow and black, and well the purple as much as I like it, isn't 'manly' enough for them. smile

I can access all the files, so if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Rhodes

Re: Changing font colour in Shoelace theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Umm, I'm a bloke and I created the theme.  The colour choice was to help those with difficulties reading black text on a white background.

Ok, change this line: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_shoelace/blob/master/less/variables-shoelace.less#L38 then use 'grunt' under a 'Node.js command prompt' to recompile the style sheets with: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_shoelace/blob/master/Gruntfile.js

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Kate Rhodes -

Hi! Thanks for that, but that's way beyond my capabilities to change.

I really like the purple text but I can't seem to convince the client to keep it. I'll just tell him it's too complicated and maybe I'll have to use a different theme. But - I have another client which it will be perfect for.

Thanks again for getting back so quickly! Much appreciated!

In reply to Kate Rhodes

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Its not that complicated!  I even provide instructions in the Gruntfile.js.

As it's paid work, I could provide the changed style sheet for a small fee - in fact scrub that - it takes me approx 4 minutes or less, so what version of Shoelace and Moodle are you running?  What is the exact RGB colour?  And I'll supply the moodle.css and editor.css files.  But 'only' that, no further support with use at own risk.

In reply to Kate Rhodes

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The quickest and easiest way would be to add this css to the shoelace/style/custom.css file

body { color: black; }

which should override the text color which is in Moodle.css.

Cheers

Mary