Moodle Socialwall Course Format Official Release and Download

Re: Moodle Socialwall Course Format Official Release and Download

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

While you can switch an existing course back and forth between the various course formats it is HIGHLY suggested that you DO NOT.  

The course format is not designed to be organized like topic or weekly formats.  This is a conversation, a timeline, a social stream of learning. 

If using this do not use an existing course and switch to Socialwall.  It is not designed for that.  

The idea is that if a teacher starts with socialwall they may build blended learning skills and migrate or progress to a more traditional course format/structure.  In which case, the socialwall course format can be switched to topic format and then organized without the teacher loosing all their work from socialwall.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Moodle Socialwall Course Format Official Release and Download

by Domnick Andrew -

Hi,

I've installed and got this plugin working but I have a few questions about it's functionality.

1. When creating a course which uses socialwall after the first post it automatically creates 10 topics why is that ? And can that be turned off?
  2. As an administrator and Teacher I was unable to see the upload files or add link button but as a student it was visible, is that how it suppose to operate by default?
  3. How do posts get archived? Since this is part of a learning environment I'm assuming persons may want to backtrack to posts made on the timeline.