Moodle Socialwall Course Format Official Release and Download

Re: Moodle Socialwall Course Format Official Release

by Jaap Marsman -
Number of replies: 1

Dear Chris,

First of all, many thanks for making this amazing course format available to the community. It looks great in our Moodle environment!

Unfortunately I am having a similar issue with the email digest not working. I've checked the course settings, and made sure that Enable notifications is set to Yes. Then on the course page I've also chosen Edit notification settings and set the Notification Type to Per digest. I've also changed it to Each post, just to see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately it does not.

We are running Moodle 2.8.7 and all other email digest options (forums, etc) are performed as normally and work really well.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks again for this amazing course format!

In reply to Jaap Marsman

Re: Moodle Socialwall Course Format Official Release

by Jaap Marsman -

I've been able to solve this problem, but am still unsure what changed. It could've been a general clean up & cache emptying. I've got two questions about the social forum:

• Is it possible to change the time the digest is sent out? (Right now the daily digest of my Moodle is sent at 17:00 whilst the Socialwall digest is sent at 0:30).
  • Is it possible to forcibly subscribe all students to the digest? (Right now a lot of people are missing out on good stuff, because they don't know what's happening on the social wall.)

Again, many thanks for this amazing course format, it's making our Moodle look very cool!