Well I guess not many use the lesson high scores feature because it has been broken since the upgrade to Moodle 2.0.
There are leftover of it in the UI:
- In Site Administration -> Plugins -> Activities modules -> Lesson you can set a "Number of high scores displayed" (10 by default)
- But when creating or editing a lesson there is no item in the form to activate High Scores, so in the database it's always set to no for all lesson
- even if you have a very old lesson with high scores enabled (from Moodle 1.9) or if you restore a very old lesson with high scores set to yes (or if you directly go into the database and change the value of the highscores and maxhighscores fields in the mdl_lesson table for some lessons) you will only get various error messages when trying to use this feature. Even with some patches I never succeeded in making it work completely.
I am asking your comments about the following plan
- Create a block to display lesson results very similar to the quiz results block. Stephen Bourget has already done a lot of work and this block is nearly ready see MDL-3024 .
- Completely suppress the lesson high scores features (all the very outdated code, the setting, the highscores and maxhighscores fields in the mdl_lesson table and all the mdl_high_scores table)
But I don't think it is possible to remove anything in Moodle without first asking the Moodle Community. Is anyone against this removal ? Will this removal impact your work, the way you use the lesson module or some customisation you have done ?
Thanks for your answers and comments.
And thanks to Stephen Bourget for working on a block to display lesson results.