Problems with drag/drop of weeks.

Problems with drag/drop of weeks.

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 2

I am rearranging my course.  What was taught in the end is now to be in the beginning.  I have to move weeks to the top but when I do, it is very delicate operation.

Strangely, the main list of weeks drifts to the left and off the screen as I am dragging.  Some times when I drop the week, it reverts to its original position.  The worst par of all this is that it takes minutes of slow drag time to get the week to the top.

If there are any fixes for these, I would appreciate knowing.

One interesting thing is that when I am in "Edit Categories and Items: Simple view"  there is an extremely simple way to re-arrange the list.  It is all click and place.  It would be nice if I could organize assignments the same way.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Problems with drag/drop of weeks.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Steve,

You can. In your course click on Turn Editing on to enter edit mode. Click on a move tool (four pointed arrow) and let go of the click. A list will pop up and you click where you want to move to. Works for both topics and assignments.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Problems with drag/drop of weeks.

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Aargh, I cannot believe it is so simple......
and after all this time of dragging and trying to drop.

Works for weeks as well as assignments.
Thanks