Submission attempts - similar settings - different presentations

Submission attempts - similar settings - different presentations

by Frances de Waal -
Number of replies: 0

I work in Moodle version 2.5.5+ and I found this article http://www.synergy-learning.com/moodle-2-5-improvements-assignment-resubmissions/ that seems to come close to my problem, but does not solve it.

I have 2 assignments with similar settings, both use grading criteria and activity completion.

Assignment 1 results in ALL students creating a list of each of their attempts (see 1st attachment) , each attempt is counted and registered at the Attempt number field, and I need to work for each attempt in a grading criteria list with blank score and comment fields.

Assignment 2 presents the same grading criteria list for ALL students i.e. there is no list like assignment 1 has (see 2nd attachment), the Attempt number field remains on 1, and I can see and edit my score and comments directly in the previous grading.

The latter is for me the ideal situation and is also what I used to have in assignment 1 before. No idea what is responsible for the changes in assignment 1, and why in assignment 2 it remained as it was.

Submission settings are for both assignments: No, No, Automatically until pass, Unlimited

I hope someone can shine a light on this, I have checked and rechecked but cannot find what is causing the difference between the grading for the 2 assignments.

Thanks in advance, Frances

Attachment Assignment 1
Attachment Assignment 2
Average of ratings: -