Issue viewing courses in Mozilla

Issue viewing courses in Mozilla

by Hitesh Mehta -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there, I am currently testing moodle and so far have found it to be a well developed tool!
Currently we are trying to develop our own theme for Moodle, touble is that under mozilla the course content is not showing up properly, it seems to break the middle content table into 3 seperate sections with different stylings!!!

We have tried different settings in our css sheets, but no luck.  Hoping someone here can help PLEASE.

Please find attached a screen shot of the problem.
Note: Only happening in Mozilla Firefox, not in IE. And yes, we have tried to use the Firefox Developer too for CSS as well as a tool called 'View Formatted Source'

Thanks for all your help.

Hitesh
Total Learn
Attachment mozillaissue.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hitesh Mehta

Re: Issue viewing courses in Mozilla

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Hitesh,

your screen looks really strange. This needs some digging. Without seeing the Moodle page and the CSS I cannot say anything. Can you send an URL?

Some additional questions: * Which theme are you working on? * Are you developing under Firefox and check if IE works too? (recommended)

Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Hitesh Mehta -

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question!

I downloaded the DeepRed15 theme from Moodle Themes. Initially the intention was to simply add a logo to the theme and test Moodle, however later on (in order to fully test Moodle's ease of configuration) we decided to as create a custom theme. I used the DeepRed15 files as a starting point since I had already been looking at the CSS sheets, etc.

Since we are still only testing Moodle, the site is not live but on our intranet, sorry but I cannot get you access to it. So I have attached the theme files for you to look at instead (needless to say the company logo images are copyright wink). Initially I was only testing the site on IE, and it works fine on IE 6.0.2.....

But while going through the Moodle forums (which have helped a LOT on all issues from installation to SCROM to themes), I heard mention of Firefox and its development tools. Since another colleague at work had mentioned issues with the site under firefox, I downloaded it and tried it. Which is when I discovered the weird display. I used Easy CSS with Firefox to try and isolate the issue.

All I have been able to find is that the issue has to do with the way the content table is displayed using:

#course-view .section .content, #course-view .section .side, #course-view .section .left, and #course-view .section .right. But no matter which values I use, its causing the same problem. I looked at the standard stylesheet as well, but still the same problem.

Logic dictates the issue is to do with my styles_layout stylesheet, but I'm wondering if its browser specific.........

Thanks for your help on this, happy hunting in the CSS sheets. wide eyes

Hitesh

In reply to Hitesh Mehta

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hitesh, I tried your theme on the latest Moodle 1.5.2+ and did not see any problems.

If you have not done yet please upgrade to a clean Moodle 1.5.2+ and try again.

I wish you much success
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Hitesh Mehta -
Hi Urs,

Updated our moodle version to 1.5.2+ (I had 1.5.1) all ok now.

Thanks heaps for that,
Hitesh