Drag and Drop - more Answers than Questions

Drag and Drop - more Answers than Questions

by Ana Martins -
Number of replies: 5

Dear Moodlers,

Would you please be so kind in showing me the way?

My plans are to make something like the image below >>>> with 4 "Drag answer here" and 8 possible Answers:

The "issue" is:

I can only have Answers (the white rectangles on the right side) if I have space for them on the left (rectagangles "Drag answer here").

And I don't want to have 8 "Drag answer here" spots, otherwise "Random Wrong Answers" won't be random at all, because they will have to fit a proper square still...

Thank you for your help in advance smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ana Martins

Re: Drag and Drop - more Answers than Questions

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ana,

If I  am understanding your correctly, that capability is built right in to the drag and drop matching question. For your distractors, just provide an answer and leave the question section empty. 

Personally, I like the gapfill addon question type set for drag and drop because it will let you include a blank as an answer, plus I just like the look of the drop shadow that makes the answers stand out a little. big grin

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Ana Martins -

YAY!

Thank you so much AL! You rule! Works wonders! I'll start using this one from now on... much better!

Have a good one :D

In reply to Ana Martins

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ana,

Glad it works for you. You might also be interested in the Drag and Drop Into Text addon question type as it will even let you use multiple sets of items. That really comes in handy for me when I am trying to get my 7th and 8th graders to punctuate, capitalize, and write correctly instead of using all their text messaging shortcuts and abbreviations.

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Rajapandian S -

Hi AL,

Above example sounds good and works for me. If i give More than correct answers what happen? i.e., if i give "tiger and tiger" below feline. For me, it shows two correct answers, but i need only one correct answer. What can I do to make only one correct? Please suggest how can i write Regex for that?

In reply to Rajapandian S

by Marcus Green -
Check the No duplicates box in the question editing form. This is documented here

I need to add a screen shot to highlight the checkbox in the editing form (you can see it in the image here 

I am rather pleased with that as I don't think you can do that in any other question type.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)