Enrolment Periods for Cohort Users

Enrolment Periods for Cohort Users

by Timothy Lowe -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I hope this hasn't been posted on the forum before I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

I am currently exploring cohorts and cohort sync as I want to enrol students onto a range of courses. I currently upload users with CSV files, generated from a database adding users to courses, with set expiry dates. the CSV files are getting quite cumbersome and I would like to simplify things.

My organisation has a high volume of students (thousands) with a high turnover. Students within courses have very varied enrolment dates and each week students are starting, leaving and changing courses. So this isn't for example like a university where students on a course start and end their studies at the same time.

I am posting here, as I am wondering if when using cohorts with a CSV file I can set enrolment dates for individual users? So could I have a cohort with say a thousand students, each with their own individual end date, which I could update and manage via regular csv uploads. From what I have read and tried this doesn't seem possible.It looks like I would need to manually remove students from cohorts, which isn't practical because of the high numbers involved.

I did look at the meta course link, but when a student expires in the parent course, they don't expire in the child courses. I also looked at category enrolments, but there is a warning to avoid this in the documentation.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timothy Lowe

Re: Enrolment Periods for Cohort Users

by Barbara Ludasz -

Hello Tim!

Any solution you found ? I am facing the same issue and really need a solution. 

Thanks for letting me know,

Barbara

In reply to Barbara Ludasz

Re: Enrolment Periods for Cohort Users

by Suzana de Andrade Ferreira -

Hi Tim and Barbara,

I had the same issue and if you want user auto-enrol it is a solution.

[If you have cohorts set up, then you can restrict self enrolment to particular cohorts by selecting the name of the cohort from the drop down box, A member of the cohort can self-enrol as normal; whereas a non-member gets a message telling them they are not able to self-enrol. - from: https://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Self_enrolment#Allowing_only_cohort_members_to_self-enrol ]

Did you find another solution?

Best regards,

Suzana