Strange behavior of CLOZE question in Moodle 2.7

Strange behavior of CLOZE question in Moodle 2.7

by Bernat Martinez -
Number of replies: 4

We are testing M2.7.3,  when we are  importing a cloze question which is using  $$ delimiters everything is displayed Ok   but

- the equation appears in the middle

-  the answer field appears in the next  line. 

(See attachment. first example)

When writing a cloze question using the Atto -equation editor it works fine  (attachment second example)

This issue is important for us as we would like to import questions, not to write it again 

Thanks in advance

Attachment Captura de pantalla 2015-01-05 a la(s) 18.26.02.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernat Martinez

Re: Strange behavior of CLOZE question in Moodle 2.7

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What are you using to display the maths? Is what you are seeing related to MDL-47712?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Bernat Martinez -

To display the maths I'm writing   using  just the TEX delimiters , for example $$ x^2 +x = $$ {1:NM:=2}, 

I have read through MDL-47712 and I didn't find any similar, or at least I didn't understood it, sorry

When writing this I appreciated  that this seems to be an editor ( or mahtjax) issue as it happens the same than in the cloze question

In reply to Bernat Martinez

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Bernat,

If you go to Site Administration Plugins Filters MathJax, what is you setting for TeX filter compatibility ?

If it is not checked then this is the expected behaviour because double dollars delimited equations are considered as "display" and not "inline" so they are alone on one line and centered.

If you look at your own message you will see it's the same on this forum because TeX filter compatibility don't seems to be activated on moodle.org

My advice is either to activate TeX filter compatibility or better to use a proper delimiter for inline equations (but of course not simple dollars ! Use \ ( and \ ) but without the space I have introduced so that is not parsed by the Mathjax filter on this forum smile )

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Bernat Martinez -
Hello Jean-Michel, 

I think I had tried all possibilities including TeX filter compatibility checked, and it happens always the same.

I will follow your advice and I will use \ ( and \ )  as I have tested and it works fine, but the issue is when importing questions which dare built using $$ delimiters sad