End of Lesson Navigation

End of Lesson Navigation

by Debbie McDonald -
Number of replies: 1
Is there anyway to add a css buttons or a line break to the navigation at the very end of a lesson? "a.centerpadded.lessonbutton.standardbutton" These are the links that allow a user to either navigate to a new activity or back to the course home page. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie McDonald

Re: End of Lesson Navigation

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Debbie,

I know this is an old post.   Sounds like you are asking about the end of lesson page?  There is usually a way to do anything in Moodle, takes knowledge, skill and time! 

I believe the end of lesson page is generated by the ../mod/lesson/view.php file.  I have time but no skill.   On lines 621, 643, 653 and 659 of my Moodle 2.9.2 view.php file I found  those buttons. For example on 659:

$lessoncontent .= html_writer::link($url, get_string('viewgrades', 'lesson'),

array('class' => 'centerpadded lessonbutton standardbutton'));

Just guessing, but the last lines of the file seem to be the commands to output the header, content and footer.  A developer will have to tell you how to edit the code for your site.

See this thread in the General Help Forum for the language strings that appear on the EOL page.  There was also some comments about css classes.  We were thinking of editing a theme's css to make some things disappear. Modifying the strings seemed easier.

Hope this gives you and others some ideas.  Certainly would like to see the php code to add a line say between the content and the footer. 

Chris