Social network icons on essential theme in smartphone

Social network icons on essential theme in smartphone

by Irith Herman -
Number of replies: 2

1. Is there a way to display the icons directly without the need to click on the gray square?

2. Where I can change the position of icons, I made changes in css

media (max-width: 480px)

And the facebook icon hiding under the the carousel.

Irith

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: Social network icons on essential theme in smartphone

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

RE:

1. 'gray square'?

2. Unable to answer without the changed CSS.

In reply to Irith Herman

Re: Social network icons on essential theme in smartphone

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Irith,

1. If you don't want it to do that then you can remove the code that creates that expand/collapse area in the top navbar.

https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/master/layout/includes/header.php#L68-L72

2. However it is not as simple as you would think, but if you are only using one icon, you could try restyling the layout.

Personally, I am finding that it is a bit of a minefield tampering with Essential. So Gareth would be better giving you advice on how to change it.

I must admit I prefer simple layouts, and minimal settings, meaning I would rather just code what I want my site to look like and do away with all the box clicking and frustrations!

I have spent all evening trying to do something relatively simple and have got nowhere so have abandoned Essential forever.

Sorry I can't be more positive.

Mary