Plugin Help

Plugin Help

by Wendi Daniels -
Number of replies: 0

I bought this plugin and the maker will not help me with it. I had a programmer help me with it, and the file needed to be rearranged in order to upload correctly, but it does that now.

The plugin is designed to ask the students security questions throughout the course in order to prove that they are the ones in the course, and not someone else. Yes, it is easy for the students to circumvent, but some entities require such a security program anyway. At this time, the program is set to ask ONLY "text input" questions, and the problem there is that if they are off by one letter or space, or if they do or do not capitalize a letter, then it is wrong. For that reason, I need to have the program also access the "datetime" questions (date of birth, for example) and the drop scroll questions, so that they just select one choice from the scroll menu. 

The plugin in GNU - public, and the maker told me to "do what I want" in regards to sharing this publicly or not, so here it is.  

I am almost sure the problem would be solved in the files of "index" and "edit_form", but I don't know what to change to make this happen. I know that "text input" is shown as "text" in the browser, the date question is shown as "datetime" in the browser, and the drop scroll questions are shown as "menu" in the browser. I see the word "text" a lot in the files, and I have changed many of them, only to get different types of errors. Kindly help.

The plugin has issues, and I had a programmer tweak it for 2 months to get it to work right. The instructions are faulty in one area, and that is that the user profile field should be set to "visible to user" rather than "not visible". The files were misarranged (although I think this zip file has them arranged right, I must admit I am not sure), and the plugin was not creating the tables in the database, so the programmer had to do that manually. The files upon which this plugin relies were not altered on my site, although I altered other files (that, again, are not related to this plugin).

Average of ratings: -