TC: Save Changes after modify in Edit Tasks

TC: Save Changes after modify in Edit Tasks

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Gordon,

On occasion I go into to Edit Tasks within the TaskChain Administration Panel to upload a modified HotPot or an image. Click on the Save changes button always brings up the HotPot when often all I want to do is go back to the Edit Tasks screen. Also this makes myself show up in the Chain grades list which I do not like. I am not sure why that bothers me but for some reason it does.

My big question then could there be other button options to return? No big deal. It is a want- a nice to have.

Thanks,

Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Finnan

Re: TC: Save Changes after modify in Edit Tasks

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jeff,
yes, this botthers me too sometimes. QuizPort had a clearer of idea of "where we are now" and "what the user wants to do next". TaskChain needs a bit of work in this respect.

It's all to do with the notion of state. Both modules maintain information on the current state of the activity, which includes info on what the current chain/task/condition/grade/score/attempt is. I think the confusion comes from the fact that you can get to the task settings page two ways: either form the task's view page, or from the "Edit tasks" page. At the moment, TaskChain doesn't know how to distinguish the two, so it guesses that you came from the task's view page and takes you back there.

As I remember, QuizPort behanved slightly better, so I will have to revisit that code and see if there isn't a way that TaskChain can be improved on this front.

regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: TC: Save Changes after modify in Edit Tasks

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for looking into to this and revisiting this at some point.

Jeff