Inconsistency between Course Total in Grader Report and User Report

Inconsistency between Course Total in Grader Report and User Report

by Rebecca O'Connell -
Number of replies: 3

We have a gradebook where the sum of grades is being used, with one extra credit category, and one category with a category total of 0. The category totals are all consistent between views, but the course totals are different.

For the grader report, I am getting:

[nearly perfect score] +[nearly perfect score]+[somewhat lower score]+[somewhat lower score]+[nearly perfect score]+[perfect score] + 1.2 (category marked extra credit) + - (for 0 weight category = A([high A])

For the user report, I am getting

[nearly perfect score]+[nearly perfect score]+[somewhat lower score]+[somewhat lower score]+[nearly perfect score]+[perfect score]+1.2 (category marked extra credit) + - (for 0 weight category = B([solid B])

My calculations suggest that the grader report total would be right. Why would there be different results showing in the grader report and the user report at all? I didn't think that was possible.

In reply to Rebecca O'Connell

Re: Inconsistency between Course Total in Grader Report and User Report

by Rebecca O'Connell -

The user found that changing the setting "Hide totals if they contain hidden items" to "show totals including hidden items"  made the inconsistency issues between the user reports and grader reports disappear. 

In reply to Rebecca O'Connell

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Same thing here. And why is that? Is this a bug?

Thank you in advance

In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If the settings are not consistent for each report, then there would be a discrepancy.