new to moodle-- I need help with images and layout

new to moodle-- I need help with images and layout

by christina sanini -
Number of replies: 3
I've figured out how to change simple things like text but am having a hell of a time adding multiples images to my theme. When I try to add them via CSS they don't show up @ all, almost as if they are hidden in the background. When I hard code them into the html file, they show up as a red X (which I know means the image could not be found). Where am I going wrong? I also have a very specific design layout I need to follow and can't (for the life of me!) figure out how to split the middle column into 3 columns so I can build my page. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to christina sanini

Re: new to moodle-- I need help with images and layout

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Christina,

@the images
We need some more information how you add the images and how you link to them. For Moodle both ways work. If you work with Firefox you can control the image path with the menu "Tools/Page Info/Media".

@your middle column layout
Where do you want to split the middle column into 3 columns. Can you please post a layout or a screen shot? Do you need to mix the standard Moodle display with your own 3 columns or will you replace all standard Moodle content?

Looking forward to your answers
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by christina sanini -

Here is an example of the theme I'm trying to create. My issues are:

1) How to insert/place my images on the left within the theme since they are static

2) The same for the my student center graphic as well as the area of grey below it

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Attachment screenshot.jpg
In reply to christina sanini

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Christina,

for the images you can use the HTML block and place it top left and top right. The images you can upload in the files section and link to them from the HTML block.

The right column you can color via CSS :

#layout-table #right-column {
  background-color:gray;
}

Do you get your layout working?
Urs