Restrict groups on Enrolled Users

Restrict groups on Enrolled Users

by Jesus Rojas -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone, I have this issue on Moodle 2.8.

I have many groups created and the option Separate groups on the course settings.

I had restrict enrollment options to teacher's role, I just have the Enrolled users option enabled.

But the teacher is able to see all the users in the course, how can I restrict this?

I followed this instructions but it doesn't work for enrolled users.

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Groups_FAQ#How_do_I_restrict_a_teacher_to_view_only_information_about_the_groups_that_they_are_in.3F

Thank You.

Attachment moodle-forum.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jesus Rojas

Re: Restrict groups on Enrolled Users

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I am presuming you want to limit the teacher to only seeing the users in their group.  You need to remove the permission Access All Groups.  This way they will only see or have access to the group that they are in.  
It is probably a good idea to create a new role for this purpose.  Just create a role based on the Teacher Role and then remove the permission.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jesus Rojas -

Thank you Emma, I did It and it works for all the platform but not in the enrollment users page.

I have assigned that permission.

To do this for all teachers globally:

1. Site administration>Users>Permissions>Define roles
  2. Select the editing teacher role;
  3. Click to edit the role
  4. Click the Show advanced button
  5. Type in the search box accessallgroups
  6. When it appears, click Prevent

Attachment moodle-forum2.png
In reply to Jesus Rojas

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Ok, I think I understand now.  Your roles are conflicting.  If your teachers are allowed to enroll users, then they have to have access to all users which will override your group restriction. 
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jesus Rojas -

No, the teachers are not allowed to enroll users. 

The only way to enrollment is using key enrollment.

In the picture you can see the only option that is enable to the teachers.

Thank you!

Attachment moodle-forum3.png