Gradebook Static Student Names or overflowing

Gradebook Static Student Names or overflowing

by Sali Kaceli -
Number of replies: 7

I upgraded to Moodle 2.8.1+ as of 12-19-2014 and am finding that we have a problem with the gradebook particularly with courses that have a lot of assignments. 

Currently we have a scroll bar at the bottom of the student names and grades. As you scroll to the right for a course with a lot of assignments, you no longer see the student names. In the previous version the names would stay static. 

Now in the new version, I see that there is also the browser scrollbar that one can use and once you start scrolling to the right the names stay put on the left. However, our problem is that the gradebook does not expand automatically on the page so that one can use the browser scrollbar. 

I am pretty sure this is theme related because when using the "Clean" theme, it works. So my question is what would we need to change in our heavily customized theme (Aardvark 2.1.1) to correct this? I know it is an old version of this theme but this is the only issue we are encountering at this time. 

Any ideas or help in this area would be greatly appreciated. 

In reply to Sali Kaceli

Re: Gradebook Static Student Names or overflowing

by Bob Puffer -

Known bug, should be fixed in next release. To get static students must include email column.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sali Kaceli -

I actually have the email column displayed. If this is a bug even with the email column and the next release will fix it, that would be great. 

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sali Kaceli -

Does anyone know whether this issue was fixed in the 2.8.2 release? 

In reply to Sali Kaceli

by Bob Puffer -
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sali Kaceli -

I updated to 2.82+ today and still the items in the gradebook do not show up. As in my original post, I have two scrollbars: one below the student names and one for the browser. 

Anything else I need to look for other than reverting to the Clean theme? 

My original post: 

"Currently we have a scroll bar at the bottom of the student names and grades. As you scroll to the right for a course with a lot of assignments, you no longer see the student names. In the previous version the names would stay static. 

Now in the new version, I see that there is also the browser scrollbar that one can use and once you start scrolling to the right the names stay put on the left. However, our problem is that the gradebook does not expand automatically on the page so that one can use the browser scrollbar. 

I am pretty sure this is theme related because when using the "Clean" theme, it works. So my question is what would we need to change in our heavily customized theme (Aardvark 2.1.1) to correct this? I know it is an old version of this theme but this is the only issue we are encountering at this time."

In reply to Sali Kaceli

by Colin Misbach -

We are having a similar problem with Moodle 2.8.4 using Essential theme. We have the issue only when Editing is turned on. When it is off, the Student Name column stays static. Has there been any progress made on this overall issue and its many forms?

In reply to Colin Misbach

by Lesli Smith -

Hi, Colin. I've been watching progress on MDL-51329 for solutions to a related javascript error causing issues with the static student names feature. It is currently in peer review. Hope that helps.