Grade import with completion date moodle 2.2

Grade import with completion date moodle 2.2

by s w -
Number of replies: 3

I want to import grades of students and I want to import completion date (the date on which course was completed). Is there a way to do that?

In reply to s w

Re: Grade import with completion date moodle 2.2

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can import grades - see https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Grade_import but I don't think you can import the dates the course was completed on.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by s w -

I had looked at grade import and various tables in moodle such as mdl_grade_grades and mdl_grade_items and couldn't find completion date. In our organization we need to track completion dates for certification courses taken outside the company and send notifications to employees few days before the certification expires as a lot of certifications need to be revised yearly. The way we are currently achieving this is, setting up a course in Moodle and then we have created separate set of custom tables and written custom block to capture the completion dates. We are then using our reporting services to query the table and send out notifications. Is there a way in moodle to store the completion date without going through customizations.

In reply to s w

by Annie Jean -

I am really interested in the topic because I am exporting the Grader report with a lot of profile custom fields. As for SW, I would need to ad the completion date in it. Isn't there a way to use the system field and to add it to the Settings for the grades? The advantage of the built-in report is that I can publish it and generate it at will, which is a must considering our operations.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Annie (newbie with Moodle and not a programer)