Assignment feedback plugins - backup of files

Assignment feedback plugins - backup of files

by Henning Bostelmann -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I wonder whether someone can help me with a problem related to backup/restore of assignment subplugins.

I have an "assignment feedback" plugin here, which we've been using locally for a while, that I would like to share via the plugins DB.

Now this plugin uses a file upload area in its per-activity configuration settings (not in the actual per-submission feedback screen). That works fine, except for the backup/restore mechanism.

It appears that backups/restores for assignment subplugin settings are not actually delegated to the subplugin, but they are handled by backing up the table assign_plugin_config on a per-activity level. This happens in mod/assign/backup/moodle2/backup_assign_stepslib.php . However, I can't find a mechanism to include related file areas into the backup/restore.

In our local installation, I can work around this by hacking backup_assign_stepslib.php to include the extra file area. This is just one line of addition, plus one in restore_assign_stepslib.php .

However, this is clearly not a "clean" plugin approach, and I couldn't publish the plugin in this way.

Does anyone see a way out?

Any response appreciated, even just "then open a request on the tracker and provide a patch" - I haven't done that yet because I'm not sure whether I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks

Henning

Average of ratings: -