Scheduler Changes from Moodle 2.4 to 2.6?

Re: Scheduler Changes from Moodle 2.4 to 2.6?

by Kim Claridge -
Number of replies: 1

Good morning

Further to our recent correspondence, I do not think I have made myself clear with regard to the previous '+' sign that is now a 'who's there?' button whilst in student role.

This button causes me untold problems as I am unable to group students as there would be too many permutations.  Therefore, I let some students sign up early which causes other students to scream 'favourtism'.  If the students were not able to see who had signed up before the session it would cause less anxiety for them and far less emails for me.  Do you think it might be possible to have this button removed from my DRS (dissecting room schedulers) please?  As a teacher I am able to view the list in teacher role which is what I require.  I have attached a document which shows the button.

Thank you again for your help with this.

With kind regards.

Kim

In reply to Kim Claridge

Re: Scheduler Changes from Moodle 2.4 to 2.6?

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Kim

Sorry for not replying earlier. In order not to let students see who else has booked the same slot, you need to remove the capability 'mod/scheduler:seeotherstudentsbooking' from the 'student' role. Depending on your setup and experience, a system administrator may need to do that for you.

For general information roles and permissions in Moodle, see

https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Roles_and_permissions

Best wishes
Henning