Grid Format versioning

Grid Format versioning

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 13

Hello

I put the grid format on Friday onto my Moodle 2.7.

Already it is telling me there is a new version available, but as fas as I can tell the only one available to download is the same version I put on already. Is this something I've done not quite right or is this the built in version number  misbehaving?

Thanks

Heather

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather P

Re: Grid Format versioning

by Gareth J Barnard -
Piksa bilong Core developers Piksa bilong Particularly helpful Moodlers Piksa bilong Plugin developers

Hi Heather,

It might be asking for the M2.8 version.

Please could you screen shot the message and state where you got the M2.7 version from.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Heather P -

Hi

I'm on a Moodle 2.7.

new release available

Regards

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Gareth J Barnard -
Piksa bilong Core developers Piksa bilong Particularly helpful Moodlers Piksa bilong Plugin developers

Thanks.

That's odd as 2.7.1.5 is the latest version: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=7267 for M2.7.

What version does the plugins overview page state you have?

And, I repeat, state where you downloaded the version you have from?

by Heather P -

The version column is blank.

In reply to Heather P

by Gareth J Barnard -

It should not be!  So I suspect that it has been installed incorrectly.  How did you install the format?  Were you directed to 'Site Administration' -> 'Notifications'?

Attachment 2014-12-16 12_00_26-Moo27_ Administration_ Plugins_ Plugins overview.jpg

by Heather P -

Hi

Yes.

Put the grid folder into the course format folder. went to the admin page, could see it in the list waiting to be installed. Ran through the database upgrade and presto, installed and available to use, but saying instantly that there is another newer version available.

Thanks

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Gareth J Barnard -

Sounds like something is wrong with the structure of the files / folder.  Please could you screen shot the folder and another of its contents.

by Heather P -
Hello

file layout

Looks normal to me, but unless it grabbed me by the throat I'm not sure I could tell it wasn't normal.

Thanks

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Gareth J Barnard -

Looks fine to me too... but... given 'Plugin files not writable' is the screen shot that of the server?  If not, then please use FTP etc. to show the folder on the server.  If so, please copy the Readme.md file, delete all of the files and folder, download a zip from: https://moodle.org/plugins/download.php/7267/format_grid_moodle27_2014110501.zip and follow the instructions in the Readme.md file you copied that tell you how to manually install.

There is also the possibility of a new release anyway in the next seven days.

by Heather P -

Hi

that was a shot of the server.

The server is not writeable from within Moodle. I don't want things suddenly splattering themselves unexpectedly on the server. Security recommendations and all that.

It was a manual install and I followed the readme.md It isn't a new activity to me, been doing it for years now so it behaved normally as I would have expected. I was just surprised that it instantly said there was a new version.

Regards

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, I'm a little stumped.  So, possibly the version.php file is corrupt.  Please could you confirm that it has:

Attachment 2014-12-18 12_46_00-C__Users_Gareth_Downloads_format_grid_moodle27_2014110501_grid_version.php - Not.jpg

by Heather P -

Hi

It has exactly that.

Thanks

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Gareth J Barnard -

In that case I'm stumped!  I would now need full admin access to the Moodle installation and server to investigate the file permissions / ACL's / web server set-up to determine what is wrong - but that would be very specific support and would need to be paid for - as I no longer believe that there is anything wrong with the format from my end.