Ability to download audio recordings from RecordingsBN

Ability to download audio recordings from RecordingsBN

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

We're using BigBlueButton with Moodle, and it works quite well smile

But we have some people in classes having too low bandwight to participate. They would be interested to be able to download the audio recordings (even if it takes hours), to listen it when download is complete, and they have time.

Would it be possible to add in RecordingsBN the ability to download audio recordings (as files)? That would be useful.

Séverin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Ability to download audio recordings from RecordingsBN

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Severin,

I am afraid this is not possible with the standard format of recordings. At least not in an easy way. And it has noting to do with the plugin but with the way BigBlueButton handles the recordings.

We can talk more about this directly if you want. You can contact Fred Dixon.

Regards,

Jesus Federico

In reply to Jesus Federico

Re: Ability to download audio recordings from RecordingsBN

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jesus,

I thought, reading BigBlueButton's documentation about recording, that the audio was saved (in wav), and so supposed it was then transformed to a lighter format (like ogg)...

English not beeing my first langage, i'm not very good at speaking english... much easier for me to write/read wink

I'll perhaps try to post about that in BBB's lists in some days/weeks...

Regards,
Séverin