Multiple Clusters

Multiple Clusters

deur Neil Jewell -
Getal antwoorde: 2

If it possible to have 2 clusters in a lesson? Not sub clusters just simply 2 clusters 

the student enters the first cluster of questions and comes to the end of cluster. then a content page and then the second cluster starts

the student works through the second cluster until end of cluster2 and then another content page and then end of lesson.

all is fine until they reach the end of the second cluster. the end of cluster sends them back to the first end of cluster jump and they get stuck into a loop.

i have tried every way i can imagine and can't beleive it isn't possible

Gemiddeld van beoordelings: -
In antwoord op Neil Jewell

Re: Multiple Clusters

deur Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Neil,

see my answer here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=196894

There is a bug that prevent using more than one cluster in a lesson. I think this bug is present since Moodle 2.0.

Good news is that I have made a patch and it is currently in peer review see MDL-31774 so hopefully in a few weeks it will be integrated and as this is a bugfix there is a good chance it will be available in a future weekly release of Moodle 2.7.x and 2.8.x

Unfortunately when I studied clusters and subclusters I found several problems so there are in fact several issues to solve them all:

• MDL-38222 is about wrong jump when all questions in a cluster have already been seen by a student and he re-enter the cluster from outside
  • MDL-48709 is about subclusters not working
  • MDL-32343 and MDL-31778 are about problems when editing cluster pages. MDL-31778 is a very nasty bug because when you edit a cluster page, the jump is destroyed and the cluster is broken !
But as you see I have made a patch for each bug so when all will be integrated I hope it will be a lot more easy to work with clusters in lessons.
In antwoord op Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: Multiple Clusters

deur Neil Jewell -

thank you so much for explaining.

i thought i was going mad.

the lesson Activity is such a useful tool and will become more prevalent because it is really the only activity that can be fully differentiated.

look forward to the latest versions.