We are looking at improving the navigation around Moodle. The area that we are currently focusing on, is the user navigation around the site.
We have created a series of screen shots in Invision. You may navigate through a section of Moodle to get a general feel for what we a proposing for the next version on Moodle.
The link to the mockup is: http://invis.io/WY1V3HF9D
The mockup is presented in two different views. You can log in as a student with limited permissions, and you can log in as an Administrator with full permissions. This should give a thorough overview of what is possible with the navigation.
While navigating through the mockup we would like you to try and do the following things:
As a student
- Find the page for uploading private files.
- Find the forum posts made by Anne Able.
- Find the page for updating my email address.
- Find my overall grades.
- Send a message to Anne Able.
As an Administrator
- Find the first time that Anne Able accessed the site.
- Find the time that Anne Able last accessed 'Exciting new course'.
- Find the report that shows the entry that Anne Able made in the 'database activity'.
- Find where I would subscribe to events in the event monitor.
Bonus Find the different message link.
If you find that you don't know where to click, clicking anywhere will highlight places that you can click, as will holding the shift button.
We would like to know how difficult / easy it was to find your way around these different pages.